List Of The Most Interesting IB Extended Essay Topic Ideas In History
This is an essay you likely won’t finish in one day. An extended paper is up to 4000 words in length. It must be discussed in detail with your supervisor or teacher. It’s quite a big undertaking and you shouldn’t take it lightly. If you seriously buckle down and do your best work following the instructions and topic ideas provided, you should be able to produce a stellar paper.
Your paper is a chance to go in-depth into a topic you find interesting but isn’t covered as part of your course curriculum. You usually get to choose your own topic and you might be confined to a certain era within history. You can expect to invest approximately 40 hours of work and will need to use primary sources.
- In what ways was the course of World War II changed by the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor?
- Discuss some of the consequences and their repercussions of the Treaty of Versailles in 1919
- The growing opium market has changed over the decades. Discuss how it has evolved and some of the consequences
- Did politics have a significant role in the plays of William Shakespeare?
- How America developed and overtook Europe in the race for economic and industrious growth
- The assassination of Abraham Lincoln
- How people figured out how to make steel from iron as in the Bessemer process
- How has education evolved and improved over the past 3 decades?
- How has health care improved and evolved over the past 50 years?
- The invention of the television: how has it impacted daily life for the average person?
- The Cold War
- Global Warming
- England’s ice age in the 1850s
- The Great Depression
- The Titanic
- Civil Rights
There are higher expectations for this paper than just a regular history paper. You are expected to put in at least 40 hours of work and it should show in the quality of your essay. You need to be able to make a solid argument and develop it and take it to resolution. It’s essential to talk over your topic idea with your instructor to avoid wasting a lot of time. Get your topic chosen, approved by your instructor and then get started straight away on the research phase of the writing process.
15 Examples Of Good Topics For An Extended Essay In History
A good history essay topic is much more important than you may think. It determines a lot in the process of working, in the search for arguments, and so on. The choice of a good topic for an extended project is somewhat easier in case you are offered a list of ready suggestions by your teacher. If you are told to find a good one on your own, it can be a challenge. You need to either create it yourself or get professional help from this website.
Where to Search for Good Topics?
The Internet offers access to numerous resources that deal with academic writing. With their help, you can handle many diverse writing matters, starting with the choice of a good essay topic and ending with formatting matters. Besides them, you can find numerous essay topic generators that can provide you with interesting ideas.
Give preference to unique ones that attach the subjects that have not yet been overly discussed by other students. It’s a useful tip that will help you make your own project interesting and valuable from the scientific point of view.
Below, you can also find a list of interesting history topic suggestions that you may use.
- How did it come that the Catholic Church lead the governance in the medieval Europe?
- Is it correct to call the Middle Ages a Dark Age of complete regression?
- How did the plague pandemics influence the development of culture and technologies in the medieval world?
- How did Buddhism influence the development and establishment of the Chinese Empire?
- Which factors allowed William the Conqueror win in Britain?
- Was there any connection between the result of WWI and the preconditions of WWII?
- What as the influence of the Golden Age on the development of the civilization in America?
- Which factors have neared the end of the South African apartheid?
- How did the relationship between China and Japan develop through time?
- What’s the reason why totalitarian governance should be banned in any of its forms?
- What was the cause of the industrialization of Europe?
- Why was an average life so short in the Middle Ages?
- What did James Cook expect to find when he discovered Australia?
- Can a war be justified? Have there been any wars in the history that can be justified?
- What can the humanity do to prevent tragedies like Holocaust?