The study of religion as a separate science began to form in the XIX century when philosophical, theological, historic, psychological and other knowledge had been accumulating during centuries. This factor unites content and structure of the science. Nowadays, religious studies review covers regularities of appearance, development, and function of religion, its various phenomena, as they were presented in history of society, interconnection and mutual interaction of religion, and other cultural spheres. Religion is being studied at a level of society, groups, and personality. If you want to make religion a part of your future profession, then you will be definitely required to write such document as resume. If you face difficulties writing it, you can always find some religious resume samples online.
The key point in secular study of religion is philosophical content; at least, it is caused by means of two circumstances. In the first place, the main thing is development of the most universal notions and theories of object that assist specific sciences (literary studies, folklore studies, philology, legal science, anthropology, study of art, and others) when considering religion in their own sight. In the second place, research of religion inevitably addresses philosophically belief questions about person, society, and world. At this point, the given study relies on legacy of philosophical idea, history of natural and social sciences, particularly on achievements of contemporary technological revolution, scientific explanation of religion. Advancements in anthropology, medicine, psychology, pedagogics, physics, chemistry, cybernetics, biology, cosmology, ecology, etc., serve as a basis for solution of corresponding belief problems. To understand this question better, it is useful to solve religious education multiple choice questions; finding correct answers for such questions will help get a clear insight into the matter.
Nevertheless, content of knowledge not only comes to philosophical aspect; a system of this knowledge comprises sociological, psychological, historic, semiotic, linguistic, and other components that provide insight into particular sides of object with the help of sufficient theories and methods. Religious book reviews can shed light on some points regarding the above-mentioned content.
There are theoretical and historical studies of religion; the former work out a conceptual framework, offer conceptions of object, etc., the latter create diachronous and synchronous images. Theoretical kind is also connected with empirical one: in this case, it is highlighted that theoretical one examines essence and primary regularities, and empirical kind deals with phenomena of religion - frequent topics in religious studies articles.
Among religious dogmata, one can distinguish between confessional and nonconfessional forms. Those currents, which are presented by theologists and other researchers, who are not theologists but favor worldview of religion, belong to spiritual dogmata. When this occurs, religion is being considered from within; its study is directly linked with spiritual interests. Nonconfessional currents are based on other initial worldview principles; they approach religion from outside and try to keep a distance from any confession. Possessing this information, you can consider it as religious studies homework help.
Modern studies of religion include the following functions of religion:
- Worldview function lies in delivery of world perception, from religion to man (explanation of world in general), world outlook (reflection of world in sensation and apprehension), world perception (emotional acceptance and rejection), world attitude (evaluation). Spiritual worldview establishes confines of world, the so-called "templates" that help to understand world, society, person; at the same time, person's teleologism is being provided. Frequently, we can find out more about worldview function when reading religious articles.
- Existential function of religion consists of its inner support of a person for whom it is presented as sense-making factor. Man is a being with "causality instinct". He/she is not satisfied only with contentment of their physiological requests; their conceptual thinking, getting distracted from variety of visible manifestation, tries to understand its own origin, origin of world, and human destiny. These are philosophical questions, and religion is one of sources to answer them. Religion serves as support and critical importance for millions of believers who also prefer to familiarize themselves with various religious writings.
- Integrating role of religion involves uniting society around some principles and directing it towards specific development path.
- Political role of religion is in its ability to have an impact on state system of civil society. For example, in some societies, during specific life stage, religion may act as symbol of consecration of regime, deification of ruler and bestowal of the highest order to him.
There exist three scientific approaches to studying religion:
- Confessional. Those scientists, who adhere to such approach, belong to specific confessions (churches, religions).
- Atheistic or naturalistic one that considers faith of people in God as a mistake - temporary phenomenon, which, nevertheless, takes place in history.
- Phenomenal approach - when religion is described and studied out of alignment with problem of existence or non-existence of God.
Structure and elements of religion are the following:
- origin of religion.
Natural-science approach to human origin and appearance of religion can be summarized in a certain way: ancient people, observing and comprehending surrounding world, understood that there was no chaos, but well-ordered universe. This approach surmises religion as exceptionally human product, especially in light of ideas about Big Bang theory and origin of species. Traditional approach to human origin is quite simple - man is created by God, and religion is given to the former as God's rules.
Taking into account all functions of the given subject, one can complete almost any type of assignment in this sphere. In case, it is not possible to finish your paper on time, then you can purchase term paper online.
Essay writing on religious topic, as well as any other kind of essay, supposes choice of topic as the first step. These days, religious studies coursework may cover wide range of different topics. Let us point out some of them:
- Does Religion Cause Progress of Mankind or Vice Versa?
- Religion in my Family.
- How Does Religion Have an Impact on Historical Events?
- Feasts and their Role in Life of Modern Society.
- Which Religion is close to me and why?
- My Attitude towards Atheism.
Archeological data give evidence that, from the very beginning of history, people had some spiritual sensation. In point of fact, reports of spiritual practice are one of the most important criteria of identification whether prehistorical mortal remains belong to man or not.
For instance, gospel of Neanderthals can be proved out with existence and nature of their burial places: specific rituals accompanied funerals, the dead were given gifts: weapon, jewelry, and even food; all this suggests faith in afterlife and fact that the dead can influence living people. In human history, every society relied on religion. Despite knowledge that religion demands a sacrificial way of life, it has remained. As a matter of fact, even the so-called atheistic groups possessed distorted religiosity with their own symbols, ruling ideology, and cult of personality. All these facts may be thoroughly discussed in religious studies thesis paper.
When writing your paper, do not forget about an appropriate structure. Your essay should include such parts as outline, introduction, main body, and conclusion. Although, when fulfilling your assignment, you may need religious education homework help. If you turn for help to online services, make sure to provide sufficient information about your paper instructions so they all are met in full.
From time to time, such thought as "how to write a good religious studies essay" arises in heads of those students who have been given this kind of assignment. It is normal "phenomenon" because contemporary students are people who need to accomplish huge variety of other not less important things. In that case, Pro-Papers.com writing service is the best assistant. In addition, if you need some help with coursework, university assignments, etc., our team of qualified writers will provide you with papers, which are free from grammatical blunders and plagiarism; at the same time, you are free to ask for religious thesis statement examples to be sure of our qualitative service. It is also worthy to mention that all papers are being delivered on time. Pro-Papers.com may even offer you religious resume examples if you have to compose a CV of this kind. Buy your paper at Pro-Papers.com and you will never regret this decision.
|Writing from scratch|
Review of Religious Research
Description: The Review of Religious Research is published four times a year (September, December, March and June). The journal seeks to provide a regular channel for the exchange of information on methods, findings and uses of religious research. It contains a variety of articles, book reviews and reports on research projects.
Coverage: 1959-2015 (Vol. 1, No. 1 - Vol. 57, No. 4)
The "moving wall" represents the time period between the last issue available in JSTOR and the most recently published issue of a journal. Moving walls are generally represented in years. In rare instances, a publisher has elected to have a "zero" moving wall, so their current issues are available in JSTOR shortly after publication.
Note: In calculating the moving wall, the current year is not counted.
For example, if the current year is 2008 and a journal has a 5 year moving wall, articles from the year 2002 are available.
- Terms Related to the Moving Wall
- Fixed walls: Journals with no new volumes being added to the archive.
- Absorbed: Journals that are combined with another title.
- Complete: Journals that are no longer published or that have been combined with another title.
Subjects: Humanities, Religion, Social Sciences, Sociology
Collections: Arts & Sciences VII Collection, JSTOR Essential Collection, Religion & Theology Collection