Uwe Retake Coursework

Processes to help you if you are facing difficult circumstances

I can't submit my coursework by the deadline

If you can still submit work within 24 hours of the deadline then you could use the 24-hour window.

If you can still submit your work but need a few more days then you could apply for a five working day extension.

I won't be able to submit my coursework or sit my exam

You can use the missed assessments process.

I've submitted or attended my assessment, but I shouldn't have done so

You can use the exceptional removal of a mark process.

I was ill during my exam and couldn't complete it.

You can use the exceptional removal of a mark process.

Who can use these processes?

All undergraduate and postgraduate taught students based at UWE Bristol campuses and at UK partner institutions, as well as postgraduate researchers taking taught modules as part of their programme.

  • University Centre Hartpury students: please email the Student Advice team at student.advisors@hartpury.ac.uk to check local arrangements.
  • If you are studying at an international partner institution where UWE Bristol regulations apply, please contact your local administration office or email partnerships.sat@uwe.ac.uk.
  • If you are studying on one of the postgraduate Diploma Law programmes − Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC), Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) or Legal Practice Course (LPC) − please refer to your relevant Blackboard pages.

Personal circumstances

If you have a question which is not answered above, please view the personal circumstances FAQs.

Share this page

Javascript needs to be enabled to use this feature.

The grounds on which you can appeal given in H26.4R of Appendix H2 of the Academic Regulations and Procedures 2017/2018 are limited to instances where there has been material and significant administrative error or other material irregularity – such that the assessments were not conducted in accordance with the approved regulations for the module/award, ie instances where you believe the University has done something wrong.

These could include:

  • marks that have been recorded wrongly
  • assessments not conducted or calculated in the way described in the module specification or guide
  • lack of agreed reasonable adjustments
  • a rejected application for extenuating circumstances which you feel has not been considered properly. 

Things that are not grounds for appeal

You cannot use the appeal procedure to:

  • Submit an application for personal circumstances (formerly called extenuating circumstances). Personal circumstances are significant personal difficulties or circumstances which impact on your ability to complete, submit or attend a specific assessment, and are significantly disruptive matters outside of your control). 
  • Complain retrospectively about dissatisfaction with teaching or service-related provision, including supervision. Students need to use the University’s Complaints Procedure to raise issues at the time they are occurring so that the University has the opportunity to put measures in place.
  • Complain about a mark or other properly exercised academic judgement, simply because you have worked hard and feel you deserve better. ‘Academic Judgement’ is a judgement that is made about a matter where only the opinion of an academic expert is sufficient.

Next steps

If you wish to make an appeal please find out more about submitting an appeal. Alternatively, you can read our frequently asked questions.

Consent for third party representation

Find out about appointing someone to act on your behalf.

Helpful documents

Resources to support you with making an appeal:

Share this page

Javascript needs to be enabled to use this feature.

0 thoughts on “Uwe Retake Coursework

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *